gtmaps.co.nz

GTMaps Support Forums
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours

Post subject: Welcome to GT Maps
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2000 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, and welcome.

I've only just set this forum up, so I would appreciate any comments you have about what topics you would like to see addressed.

Post subject: Topo Software
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 pm 

Hey Gary, I've just bought your Topo Software from Tone in ChCh & will get it tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out as I've only seen screenshots of Freshmap online until the other night when I stumbled on a discussion by Tony about the 3 versions available.
I'd nearly bought Freshmap but got really pissed off with the customer relations from MapWorld. Some people shouldn't be working in retail or online for that matter. They certainly don't do there suppliers any favours.
Will I need to download the customisations or do they come on the CD?Will let you know how it goes once I've loaded it onto the CSX. Thanks Hamil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Hamil,
There is a 'default' customisation on the CD - some people don't like it - so see what you think. I was thinking about changing it on the next release.
I know what you mean about Mapworld. That's sort-of why they don't sell my maps, and had to make a clone :wink:

Post subject: New to the forum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:50 pm 

Hi all.
Thanks for the welcome Gary.
Tony at KIWIGPS sent me samples of the GT Maps topo series when I recently purchased a Garmin Vista HCx :) I liked what I've seen but foolishly had not backed up maps on the unit before running a tutorial on map building and overwrote the loaded samples before I'd had a real opportunity to try them out :oops: :cry: Looks like I'll be chasing the full set in the very near future.
Ronbu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:16 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ronbu,
Unfortunately, it would be a bit of effort to set up a demo that is customised for you. If you've had a play with making maps, and can use sendmap, I'd be quite happy to send you one or two img files to reload. Contact me by email so that I can reply with them as attachments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:38 am 

Gary:

Not much action on this forum and I remember you saying that you didn't get a lot of feedback on your maps.

Well, I am just going to chip in here and say that I use them all the time and they just do the job for me. Thanks very much.

I try and put in a plug for your maps from time to time but it is really odd how people will pay several hundred dollars for a GPS but are reluctant to spend $150 more for the maps to go with them.

I couldn't be without the maps now. There is still a place for paper maps when trip planning etc, but I hardly get the paper map out of my pack now.

I also have to add that anyone buying maps, you have to get them on CD. Don't buy maps on a memory card. I use the maps even more on the computer in Mapsource than I do on the GPS.